About the Library
Delany Library was established in 2001. Currently, it is situated in the first floor of D block with an area about 3140sqft. All the library functions have been fully automated. Entry to and exit from the library, and book transactions are done with RFID Technology – Smart card and Biometrics (finger print). Presently, the entire computerization activity of the library has been revamped with a specialized software – a comprehensive package with built in library modules suitable for the entire gamut of all library functions. Besides, this software is more compatible with RFID Technology, which is a total security transaction module. Library is air-conditioned and under the surveillance of 10 CCTV cameras placed at strategic points. It is designed to accommodate 100 users at a time.
An extended section for Research and Reference, Rev. Bro. Byrne Hall, has been started to promote research culture and enhance reading habits of students.
The library has various sections such as:
- Book Acquisition Section
- Reference Section
- Periodicals Section
- Circulation Section
- Internet Section
Policy on Book Lending
All students, Faculty & staff members of the organization are members of the Library.
- Books will be issued on production of valid Smart Card or Biometrics Thumb impressions
- Books borrowed must be returned on or before the due date.
- Only one renewal can be done.
- Books will not have to be physically presented for renewals.
- Books must not be marked or damaged in any manner.
- Students shall replace or pay for the cost of any book lost by them. If one book of a set is lost or damaged the whole set shall be replaced.
Professors, Assistant Professors and Lecturers
Overdue Charges: Rs.1/- per day per book including intervening holidays
Library Working Hours
Library Hours: Monday – Friday 8.00 a.m. – 6.00 p.m.*
Saturday – 8.30 a.m. – 12.00 p.m.
Book Issue Time Shift 1 – 12.50 p.m. – 01.30 p.m. | Shift II 12.20 p.m. – 01.00 p.m.
Book Return Time Shift 1 – 10.45 a.m. – 11.15 a.m. | Shift II 3.35 p.m. – 04.00 p.m.
Only during break hours